Monday, December 27, 2010

I'll Be Back!

For Christmas this year Broc and I decided to get my mom and dad a fish...just a little bit of background! When we got married and had our open house in Connecticut I really wanted to have little fish bowls as the table centerpieces! Well the fish ended up being a success (see photo below) and as a result Broc and I ended up with new pets!



Long story short...when the time came for us to move back West to finish school and the sorts my dear mother and father became adopted parents to the one remaining fish left from our wedding, Hazel! Over the course of the next 8 months my mom really did fall in love with little Hazel the blind, spastic fish!

Tragically, a week before Broc and I moved back East to D.C. and were about to claim Hazel as our fish once more, she flipped out of her bowl and dried up dead before anyone got home! This was clearly very hard on her adopted parents because my mom got teary when she called to break the news!

Well, this could only mean one thing! You guessed it! Broc and I decided to replace the hurt of Hazel with another fish! Please enjoy the following video to see just how happy and thrilled my parents were to have a new fish to call their own! :)



P.S. We decided to name the fish Arnold! Mom says he is like the terminator, "I'll be back" and so therefore Arnold fits just perfectly!

1 comment:

  1. HAHA, Now that's a delightful Christmas surprise! So fun you had the video camera rolling to capture that moment.

    ReplyDelete