Tuesday, August 17, 2010

VERY FIRST VISITOR!



So my dear mother came down to visit us and she was officially our very first visitor! YAY! Thanks for coming mom! She came for a quick little visit but it was an awesome visit! Broc and I picked her up last Sunday night from the Greyhound bus station in D.C. and brought her back to our place! I wish I had taken a picture of the yummy homemade meal we made for her but I forgot! Whoops! I have never made stuffed shells before and Broc had never even eaten them before so it was quite the experiment making these little stuffed things and hoping beyond hope that dinner would turn out! When we arrived home there was a delicious smell in the air which can only mean one thing...dinner was a success! Hooray!

Monday was packed with grocery shopping for proper ingredients and then cooking cooking cooking! My mom and I did manage to make it over to the pool for a dip and some sun but then into the kitchen we went to prepare 2 of my favorite dinners! We had a traditional Armenian meal on Monday night consisting of homemade tabouli and hummus as well as pita bread and dolma (stuffed grape leaves)! It was so good! Although I must admit we bought the dolma and pita bread everything else was made in my kitchen by hand!




Tuesday night we had another family favorite, chicken gumbo! I was a happy camper when Broc said that indeed he liked it!


For Family Home Evening on Monday night we went and battled it out on the tennis court! It was so fun having another person to play with! My mom certainly is better than I am but not quite as good as Broc so it was fun having her there to make things more interesting!



My mom and I went shopping on Tuesday and relaxed at the pool! We even watched a movie on Tuesday night- in the middle of the week! Basically life is always better when mom is around! I had training on Wednesday so her quick visit came to and end as she loaded up on the bus to head home to CT once again! It was sad coming home to the empty house Wednesday night! Thanks for coming to visit mom! We love you and welcome you back anytime!



P.S. She even played the piano for our FHE songs! That was a nice little treat considering I am still only tinkering on that thing! And this was Broc's first time ever seeing my mom not in law-school mode! He was shocked to discover that Tuesday morning she was still sleeping when we woke up! He loved this new side of my mom and cannot wait to spend more time with her!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had such a special visitor! I love when my mom visits and couldn't agree more that everything is better when they're around. Remind me, when do you start school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I start school in about a week! Not this Monday but the next! AHHH! I cannot believe how quickly time flies but I am excited about it. We need to have you guys over at some point! We have some things going on this weekend and next but once I am in school hopefully we will have free weekends and then we can have you over to see our beautiful one bedroom in the Park! :) Hope all is well with you both!

    ReplyDelete